* Transfer into 16bit/44.1kHz wav files.
* The biggest challenge was getting the bata tapes to playback without dropouts.
* The best process was doing a full fast forward/rewind to repack the tape.
* Then play about 10 minutes of the PCM tape and tweak the tracking for the strongest playback envelope.
* Next Mike ran the transfer of the entire set and write down the time position of any dropouts.
* If any dropouts occured he replayed the same section to new wav files for a complete no drop out transfer
* Usually the second or third pass works.
* Using a Wavelab montage Mike edited the patch to line up to the exact sample and use no cross fade.
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on